DO NOT WORRY AT ALL.
June 12, 2020
Oftentimes, we worry so much over things we do not have control over, thereby making us to lose the grip on what we have control over. Worry is the state of being anxious and troubles over actual or potential problems. The source of our worries is deeply rooted in the fear of unknown or what the future will offer to us, be it good or bad.
Many things can ignite our worries in life. They include the following:
- Brain: We all have brains that determine our personalities and pre-dispose us to a host of struggles. All of us are constitutionally wired differently. Our brains are also impacted by the fall of humanity. We are all broken at some level and exhibit various mental strengths and frailties and this lead to worry
- Body: We have bodies that have strengths and weaknesses. They too are broken in different ways and impact how we respond to difficulty. Many worry about their size, shape, and structure.
- Event and Relational History: We have good and bad things that have happened to us along with people who have blessed us or hurt us. Bad events oftentimes trigger of worries in our heart.
- Political/Cultural/Socio-economic Context: We exist in a context that impacts the degree to which we may struggle with worry.
- Gender: Our gender plays a role in how we struggle with worry.
- Religious Upbringing: The beliefs that shaped us growing up influence our struggle with worry.
- Age: The longer we live, the more grief and loss we experience. This can make us wiser or more prone to anxiety.
- Race/Ethnicity: whether we are the majority or minority culture in a given context will also shape the way we experience anxiety.
However, these lists are not exhaustive. Worry takes away from man peace of mind that God has designed for the mankind to enjoy. Scripture admonishes us in Matthew 6:25-31 to be anxious for nothing. Worry only saps today of its joy; worry often gives a small thing a big shadow. God has given us assurance that He will always be with us in all the battles of life Isaiah 43:2.
Develop confidence in His words; ignite your faith in His words. God is saying to you today not to worry about that situation you are going through. He has made provision ahead of the crisis. Feed your FAITH and starve your WORRY to death.
July 30, 2020
July 27, 2020
July 16, 2020