To get to the next phase or chapter of our lives, careers, relationships, etc. we should patiently observe the lifestyle of eagle, and be willing to apply these principles to our lives.
The lifestyle of an eagle is very fascinating and informative. I believe you and I can learn from eagle and this will help us in navigating through the difficult time in the course of our pursuit in life.
Eagle is an interesting bird, known for its inner strength and ability to fly at the high altitudes in the sky. Eagle flies where no other birds can fly. I will quickly shed more light on some of eagle’s characteristic that distinguishes eagle among birds:
- Eagles fly alone: Eagles fly alone at the highest altitude. The lesson from this characteristic is that you should keep a company with people who are of the same philosophy about life. Never associate yourself with people with negative mentality at all times. It will never add good values to your life; rather it will change your perspective about life from good to bad. Not everyone will believe your vision or dream in life. Identify people who think like you, so that you can both dream and grow together. Do not waste your time with naysayers and people with negative philosophy. Do not share your dreams with dream killers. You have got a dream and a life to live; you must protect it to the end.
- Eagles have excellent vision and concentration: Eagle flies with uninterrupted concentration. They remain focus as they fly at the high altitude. Eagle can focus on object up to 5kilolmetres below; that how great their vision is. They remain focus with their vision. When they see prey, they waste no time in targeting it and making plans, and then grab it. Irrespective of whatever obstacle comes their way, they have their eyes on the target and they go for it. They are so focused and concentrated on getting their prey. This helps eagle to catch its prey at first attempt. It very unusual for an eagle to miss its target. The lesson from this characteristics is that you must have uninterrupted concentration on your dream and vision in life. Focus on one thing to accomplish at a time. Give your dream all your efforts, time, strength and energy. Focus and set out to achieve it. Never allow distraction to take you off your dream. A moment of distraction can make you miss your target, remain focus.
- Eagle feed on live food and meat. Eagle does not eat dead animals like other birds. This makes eagle fresh, with good vitality, strength and energy. Lesson to learn from this is that never allow anything that will not add value to your life dwell so long in your mind. Purge your heart from toxic things that will create mental and emotional damage. Close your heart against bitterness, it will drain out your inner energy. Open your heart to accommodate forgiveness; it will strengthen your inner mind to move on with life. Never allow dead issues to cluster round your mind, it will create unnecessary loads on you and it will definitely draw you back in your journey. Always open your heart to new things.
- Eagles love the storm: They get excited when storm clouds gather. Why? They welcome the challenge it brings. They know the stormy winds will lift them above the clouds. Above the clouds, they can rest their wings and become stronger. The lesson is that, get excited about the storms in your life. Challenges bring opportunities. Great opportunities are embedded in great challenges. If you cannot breakthrough the challenges, the opportunities will remain in obscurity forever. Never complain about challenges of life. Never try to avoid them. Embrace your challenges and learn from them. That is how you will learn new skills, grow and get stronger.
- The eagle tests the level of commitment before engagement. Before entering into a commitment, the female eagle tests her male suitors to establish his level of commitment. The lesson is that, it is wise to ascertain the commitment of people we intend to partner with in life. This is true in our personal as well as professional lives. Establishing trust is important in relationships.
- The eagle is a master of change management. The mother eagle carefully prepares the nest for its eggs. When it is time for the eaglet to learn to fly, the mother begins to remove the comfort layers from the nest, exposing the pricks and sticks. She then throws the eaglets out of the nest. She does this repeatedly until the eaglet learns to fly. Out of fear, the eaglet jumps back in the nest, with each attempt, shrieking and bleeding from the pricks in the nest. The mother does not yield. To others looking on this may seem heartless. But there is a method to the madness. The process is repeated until the eagle eventually starts flapping its wings, getting stronger and stronger with each flap. Then — swoosh! Away it goes into the air, flying higher and higher. Rising above its challenges and pains. The lesson is that we must not become complacent in life; clinging to the old and familiar. We can only grow if we are willing to step out of our comfort zone. The thorns or pains in life are there to tell us that there is nothing more for us where we are, and it is time to move on, grow and spread our wings. Further, the people who genuinely care about us will not encourage us in our slothfulness and fear. While their treatment may seem unkind, it is for our ultimate good. Sometimes tough love is best. They do not want us to die in our nest!
- Rebirth involves death of the old-self. The eagle has to make a painful decision at around age 40. Die or go through a painful process of rebirth which will extend its life for 30 more years. This process involves the painful task of knocking out its own beak and plucking out its talons so that new ones can grow. This entire process takes about 5 months to complete. The lesson is that no pain, no gain. Many of us want success or change, but without the sacrifice, handwork, disappointments and heartbreak that comes with it. To survive and grow, we must be willing to change. And sometimes, we may even need to go a step further — a death of the old self and a total rebirth. Ending toxic relationships, leaving toxic jobs, getting rid of destructive habits, thoughts, traditions and mind-sets that no longer serve us.
To get to the next phase or chapter of our lives, careers, relationships, etc. we should patiently observe the lifestyle of eagle, and be willing to apply these principles to our lives. Change is within our power, if we only believe. If you want to soar higher just like eagle, learn from eagle.