Choice is an act of choosing between two or more possibilities. According to Wikipedia, choice involves decision making. It includes judging the merits of multiple options and selecting one or more of them. One can make a choice between imagined options or between real options. Life survives on the platform of varieties of CHOICES that are available per time. It means there is a strong bond between life and choice. From cradle to grave, everyone makes a particular choice per time.
DO NOT WORRY AT ALL
Oftentimes, we worry so much over things we do not have control over,....Read More
GOD IS NOT A MAN
God is not a man that will lie; whatever He says He will do, He will surely do it.Read More
What we intend to make choices on are innumerable and oftentimes we do have conflicting thoughts to choose the best out of multiple options. Choice of course to study; choice of career; choice of what to invest on; choice of what to eat; choice of what to wear; choice of friends you desire; choice of where to stay; choice of who to marry, etc. All these choices can make or mar us in life. That is why we should always be conscious of our choices in order not to regret any of our actions in life. What we become in life most times is the outcome of our choices.
However, everyone has a free will to choose what he or she wants in life. Even God can not hinder us from our choices, but He always wants us to make the right choices in all of our endeavours in life.
WHY MANY PEOPLE MAKE WRONG CHOICES?
- Greed: It is an intense and selfish desire for something. Our strong desire for something may becloud right sense of judgement to make right choice among appealing choices. Out of greed Lot lost everything he had in possessions including his wife because he thought he chose the better land, the plain of Jordan. His choice brought upon him great disaster Genesis 13:11, 20: 15-26. He lost his wife when Angels told him and his household to escape from Sodom and Gomorrah. He also lost his two daughters to immorality which they imitated from the land of Sodom and Gomorrah.
- Doubt: Doubt is a feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction in someone or something. Power of doubt in us may kill the right intuition to make right judgement in life.
- Fear of the unknown: This unpleasant feeling is triggered by perception of what the outcome of decision taken will be. Most times, it makes people to make wrong choice in life.
- Peers pressure: Peer pressure is the direct influence on people by peers, or the effect on an individual who gets encouraged to follow their peers by changing their attitudes, values or behaviours to conform to those of the influencing group or individual. This can result in either a positive or negative effect, or both. Wikipedia. Amnon became obsessed with Tamar, his half-sister because of her beauty. Amnon’s friend Jonadaj devised a ruse in which Amnon feigned illness and asked Tamar to prepare him food. When she brought it to him in his chamber, he pressed her for sex. His choice led to his untimely death 2 Samuel 13:114, 28-30.
- The lust of the eyes is the desire to possess what we see or to have those things which have visual appeal. Samson died untimely because of his wrong choice. His lust for strange women cut short his glory Judges 16:1, 4-30. Many are in pains because they married wrong person as husband or wife. Always remember that beauty will fade-out; material things will lose its values, what you will be left with is the character of what you adore so much in the past. Will you be able to continue the marriage with that character?
Note: The reasons are many.
HOW CAN WE MAKE RIGHT CHOICES IN LIFE?
- Make God your first choice in life: Proverbs 3:5-6, “5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
- Ask God for a divine direction
- Avoid choosing by sight. Choose by faith and not by sight.
- Value God eternal blessing as the expense of immediate pleasures.Top of FormBottom of Form
Always remember that your choice is your life. If you make right choice, you will live by it. Likewise, if you make wrong choice, you will definitely live by it.
April 15, 2021
April 06, 2021
April 02, 2021
You have successfully subscribed to the newsletter
There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.