Every Christian, with deep understanding of who Jesus Christ is, should consistently live in the consciousness of the fact that the spiritual controls the physical. For every event of life, be it good or bad, there is a supreme power behind physical manifestation of such event. There is a spiritual power that causes an event to manifest in what we can see or feel around us. That is why Christians should be conscious and sensitive to the things around us and also to the things of the spirit. We should care to observe things around us, we should be mindful of all steps we are taking in life and also our actions and inactions lest we become victims of what we do not envisage. Bible says in Matthew 26:41 “Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation.”
Sometimes, things are working perfectly well and suddenly things turn upside down. Some people experience peace, comfort and steady progress in all their pursuits in life. Suddenly, they become to experience tabulations, chaos, pains and recurring losses. A peaceful atmosphere suddenly becomes tense. Some people, before they kneel down to pray, they will receive express answers to their prayers. But suddenly, they pray and they do not receive answer from God. It seems as if heaven is shut upon them. Some move from a community to another community, all they have in a previous community just go down the drain in the present location. They begin to experiencing losses upon losses. Some are experiencing accelerated progress and suddenly everything stops. Instead of moving forward, they are experiencing backwardness. Some suffer huge loss when they have contact with a group of people.
When you are experiencing such bad times, have you ever pause to ask questions? It is not the time to bury your head in ashes of shame. It is not the time to be overwhelmed with distress and depression. It is not the time to transfer aggression to someone else. It is not the time to shift blame or blame other for your doom. It is not the time to pray only. It is the time to pause and review things around your life. It is the time to engage in spiritual journey to ask why you are facing such ordeals in life. It is the time to know whether or you do not have accursed things in our custody.
WHAT IS ACCURSED THINGS?
Accursed is described as something that is under a curse or spell. Accursed things create wide openings for Satan and his agents to cause harms in the life of a person with an accursed object. For every accursed thing, there is a demonic spirit assigned and mandated to trouble the victim. It creates an opening in the realm of the spirit to suffer severe attacks from the adversaries. It breaks hedge around your life and make you vulnerable to all manner of attacks. It attracts misfortune to the people who have contact with it. It gives Satan legal right and unrestricted authority to trouble your spirit, soul and body.
Joshua 7:1-6, “1But the children of Israel committed a trespass in the accursed thing: for Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took of the accursed thing: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against the children of Israel. 2And Joshua sent men from Jericho to Ai, which is beside Bethaven, on the east side of Bethel, and spake unto them, saying, Go up and view the country. And the men went up and viewed Ai. 3And they returned to Joshua, and said unto him, Let not all the people go up; but let about two or three thousand men go up and smite Ai; and make not all the people to labour thither; for they are but few. 4So there went up thither of the people about three thousand men: and they fled before the men of Ai. 5And the men of Ai smote of them about thirty and six men: for they chased them from before the gate even unto Shebarim, and smote them in the going down: wherefore the hearts of the people melted, and became as water. 6And Joshua rent his clothes, and fell to the earth upon his face before the ark of the LORD until the eventide, he and the elders of Israel, and put dust upon their heads.”
WHAT ARE THE ACCURSED THINGS?
- Material things.
- City or community can be accursed.
- Nature and creatures can be accursed.
- When you deprive others of their legal right on a property, such property can be cursed.
- When covet something and make moves to possess it by all means.
- When you steal another man’s property.
What are the accursed things in your possession? You have to let it go before you can have a breakthrough. You have to let it go before you can have peace in your heart. You must do restitution. You must ask for forgiveness. You must do all you could to free yourself from the accursed materials. You must fast and prayer. If you do this, everything will fall in line for you again. What you have lost will be restored back to you in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord, help me to be conscious of every step l take in life so that l will not bring curse upon myself, my household and lineage in Jesus’ name.
- Oh Lord, help me to be sensitive to the thing of the spirit so that l will not be engaged in accursed things in Jesus’ name.
- Oh Lord, show me Your mercy, in any way l have taken accursed things, let the blood of Jesus Christ speaks now and remove the curse upon my life, household and lineage now in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord, show me your mercy, let the blood of Jesus Christ reverse any curse placed upon me and my household by the accursed objects l have in my custody in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord, help me to do away with the accursed things.
- Oh Lord, open my spiritual and physical eyes to see if there is any accursed things in my possession. Help me to take steps to reverse all evil the accursed things have brought upon me, my household and lineage in the name of Jesus Christ.