You cannot use stolen identity to pursue God’s will for your life. Jacob used stolen identity to pursue God’s will for his life. He paid dearly for this act.
Everyone is created for a purpose. It is ordained by God to be your purpose of existence in your lifetime. That purpose is the “WILL” of God for your life, what God desires you should become in your lifetime. That purpose shall be fulfilled in the name of Jesus Christ. Nothing will resist the fulfillment of your purpose on earth in the name of Jesus Christ. The will of God in your life shall be fully fulfilled in the name of Jesus Christ. Nothing will cancel it, nothing will alter it in the name of Jesus Christ.
The first will of God to mankind is to be saved from external damnation. That was why He gave His only begotten Son to save the mankind from external damnation John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” He used Jesus Christ to breach the gap between Him and mankind. He used Him as an access key to salvation and redemption of perishing souls. John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” Through salvation, we are established at the centre of God’s will for our lives. Salvation gives us deep revelation and understanding of God’s will to us. Clear picture of God’s will for our lives is revealed to individual through salvation. John 1:4, “In him was life; and the life was the light of men.”
Most times our preferred will are not in line with God’s will for our lives. Sometimes, you may be privileged to have full knowledge of His will for your live, but you do not follow the right path to fulfill that will. That is why many suffer great setbacks in their lifetime. God’s will for Moses was to deliver the Israelites from their taskmasters (Egyptians) of bondage of over 400 years. He was assigned to lead them to Promised Land as revealed to him by God. He discovered the will at very tender age, but he did not wait for the appointed time before he embarked on the execution. That singular step almost aborted God’s will for his life. Exodus 2:11-15, “11And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren. 12And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand. 13And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow? 14And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known. 15Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well.” Every ordained will of God will pass through ordained process so that it will not be aborted suddenly. His will is for time and season. Failure to come at the right season will make that purpose irrelevant and insignificant. Moses was subjected to thorough training to be fully prepared for the assignment ahead of him.
Joseph was sold into slavery. He was sent to prison from Portiphar’s house. At the appointed time, he was released from the prison to become a prime minister in a foreign land. Each season prepared him ahead to make him fulfill God’s will for his life.
David was sent to the wilderness to watch over sheep in order to prepare him ahead for the leadership role. When the appointed time came, an event took place in the palace that led to his recommendation by unknown servant in king’s palace. 1 Samuel 16:18, “Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him.”
Every accidental leader will mess up grace and abuse the opportunity given to him. Samson was endued with the supernatural power from his mother’s womb. He was not subjected to any process of developing a capacity to manage the gift. He abused the power at the lap of Delilah. His destiny was aborted suddenly. That will not be your story in Jesus’ name. King Saul found himself suddenly at the centre of God’s will for his life. He also abused it because there was no proper and adequate training for him. You will not mess up God’s will for your life in Jesus name. You will be patient enough to pass through the process and wait for the due season to manifest in Jesus name.
You cannot use stolen identity to pursue God’s will for your life. Jacob used stolen identity to pursue God’s will for his life. He paid dearly for this act. Genesis 27:36, “And he said, Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing. And he said, Hast thou not reserved a blessing for me?” He was shortchanged by his Laban. Though he prospered, his prosperity is without security until he had an encounter with God that restored him to the right path. He was given a new name to restore him into God’s will for his life. Genesis 32:24-28, “24And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. 25And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. 26And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. 27And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. 28And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.”
When you are fully prepared, things will fall in line for you. Note this, the roads to the fulfillment of God’s will are rough, battles and challenges are bound. But if you can endure to the end, your victory is guaranteed. Walking at the centre of God’s will for your life may be like walking in the tunnel. You will hit your head on the wall, you will step on thorns and thistles, you will fall into ditches. But if you remain focus to the end, you will be highly honoured.
HOW CAN YOU WALK IN HIS WILL?
- Salvation: Is the key to unlock the will of God for your life. Once you are saved and redeemed, you will discover your purpose in Him and you will be fulfilled in it.
- You need His word: Joshua 1:8, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” 2 Timothy 3:16, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” Psalm 119:130, “The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.”
- Holy Spirit: John 16:13, “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.”
- You need mentorship. A mentor helps to understand what is required for a particular role and situation. He helps to identify the skills individual needs, and set goals together. Mentors give an inside look at success and help someone stays focused and on track. We need mentorship in all life’s pursuits, especially if you want to stay on track, without losing focus in your lifetime.
- Oh Lord, I thank You for the salvation of my soul through which I discovered Your Will for my life.
- No matter the matter, I will remain at the centre of Your will for my life in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord, every activity of the kingdom of darkness against Your will for my life, be scattered by fire in Jesus’ name
- Oh Lord, endue me with the capacities to always be at the centre of Your will for my life. I receive spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional capacity in the name of Jesus Christ
- Oh Lord, help me to fulfill Your will for my life in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord, by Your mercy and grace, help to reign with You at the end of my sojourn on earth in the name of Jesus Christ.